Necessity is the mother of invention, and after the reproduction icebox Kim and Roy Fox had hoped to purchase was no longer available, another approach had to be found. The solution came in the form of separate Liebherr refrigerator and freezer components. Kim and Roy purchased the two components, and had Brendon Powell of Mountain View Door and Woodworking build an icebox shell and doors to go around them. The antique icebox hardware was the finishing touch bringing everything together. People have come into Kim and Roy’s kitchen, looked around, and said “Gee, where’s the refrigerator?” In most cases they were standing right next to it!
- Karen’s Kitchen: Details, Details, Pulling it All Together
- Karen’s Kitchen: Vintage Chambers Stove Takes the Stage, Modern Dishwasher stays out of sight…
- Karen’s Kitchen: Old and New Cabinets blending into One Period Kitchen
- Karen’s Kitchen: 40’s Kitchen Revival Started
- Karen’s Kitchen: Where does One Even Start?